Translate

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Trinacy Graham - National Phlebotomists Recognition Week

When faced with adversity, Trinacy Graham becomes inspired. On Monday, she was the phlebotomist taking care of our Governor’s blood donation. She worked the blood drive hosted by Governor and First Lady Beshear and then heard that two other blood drives needed help later that day. Instead of going home to rest, she traveled to those blood drives to lend a hand. On Wednesday, Trinacy committed to working 2 blood drives in the morning and afternoon to help her team.

The extra hours and physical demand are worth it in her eyes. “I love our mission. I think about it every day when I go into work. I love knowing that people will get to live another day because we are coming to work and doing what we do best,” said Trinacy. Trinacy is A- and has been a regular blood donor since she was 16. She began her Red Cross journey as a collections technician and worked her way up to charge nurse and is now a team supervisor.

Connecting with blood donors is more than just a job for Trinacy. “I take the blood shortages very personal. That’s where I operate best, and I portray that to my team… I tell them to think about the people in their lives who have needed blood,” she said. Her mother needed blood while giving birth to Trinacy. “My mom has received a lot of blood. She hemorrhaged bad during delivery, and she also has M.S. (multiple sclerosis), so she has gotten all kinds of treatment. I don’t think she would be here if she hadn’t received the blood she needed.”

It's easy to spot Trinacy at a blood drive, because of her welcoming presence. “I love our donors,” she said. “It gets me through a lot of the days; thinking about who is relying on us.” Her favorite blood drive to work is with Waystar. “All of the people there are awesome. It feels like a party. They cater and give us a break room, and they know how to make it a great day,” said Trinacy.

In her free time, Trinacy loves reading books, playing her instruments and video games. She plays the flute and clarinet. Her favorite games are Portal and Animal Crossing. Trinacy’s “favorite person in the world” is her son, Damien. She loves spending time with him and watching him grow.

This #PhlebotomistRecognitionWeek we want to say thank you to Trinacy for her leadership and commitment!

No comments:

Post a Comment